Why you should use IE5.5 or based browser
Here are just some of the reasons why you should use IE5.5 as your main browser:
- Proven technology. It’s been around since 2000
- Few bugs
- Handles GIF transparency, and Flash after 2021
- First with AJAX technology (XMLHttpRequest, available since IE5)
- Clear interface
- Compatible with Windows 95, 32 MB of RAM and Pentium MMX
- Works on Windows 95 up to Windows 10 20H2
- Easy to create better variants like Golden Browser
- Eats less than 100MB of RAM in Windows 10, no change in pc performance is noticeable
Sadly most browsers are based on Chromium until Microsoft and Opera fell into this trap. Chrome is based on Safari WebKit which only works on Mac and iOS, on Windows it works ugly, it has a lot of junk code and also consumes a stupid amount of RAM.
Golden Browser is the most stable option for Windows to this day, especially for Windows XP or lower. Golden Browser is based on version 5.5 so it is based on the most stable browser in the history of Windows until part of its code was edited to improve compatibility and performance.